- We are the first in Taiwan to have developed the transgenic papaya plants resistant to Papaya ringspot virus.
- We are the first in Taiwan to have created a generation of transgenic rabbits carrying human hepatitis B surface antigen gene.
- We are the first in Taiwan to have cloned a rabbit by using blastomere transfer.
- We are the first in Taiwan to have develped the research on genetic diversity of Colocasia and Xanthosoma.
- We own the first Taiwan native chicken research center (since 1982).
- We are the first to have been awarded the license for producing the chromium lactoferrin complex (Gala chrome, GT&F milk), which is effective in reducing blood sugar.
- We own the first computerized image-treating fish counters.
- We are the first to have established a teaching resource center for agriculture and marine biotechnology.
Our Innovation Incubator is the best one in Taiwan and has been recognized as the “Incubator of the Year” for 4 years by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- We are the first to have established a fermentation pilot plant for the development of microbial biopesticides and plant disease control.
- We own the first Varian Unity Inova 800 MHz NMR.
- We own the best automatic equipments and technology to support biotechnological research and industry.
- We are the first to have established a 3D campus guiding system.
- We are the first to own a microtensile machine for measuring the mechanical properties of micro-nano scale thin films.
- We are the first to be equipped with an energy-filtered transmission electron microscope.
- We have the DGD English-Learning Website, which is the first university website to offer English tests and English-learning programs on a grand scale.