Tel: +886-4-22840411 ext 813
1. B. S., Department of Chemistry, National Chung-Hsing University (1999-2003)
2. M. S., Department of Chemistry, National Chung-Hsing University (2003-2006)
3. Ph. D., Department of Chemistry, National Chung-Hsing University (2006-2011)
4. Postdoctoral Fellow, Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica (2012–2018)
5. Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, National Chung-Hsing University (2018-)
Award : 2016 GRC outstanding performance award
1. Asymmetric synthesis
2. Total synthesis of natural products
3. Development of efficient synthetic methods for biologically interesting molecules
4. Synthesis of potential inhibitors/antibiotics inspired from natural sources
5. Understand the relationships between small molecules and biological systems
1. Wei-Chieh Cheng, Cheng-Kun Lin, Huang-Yi Li, Yu-Chien Chang, Sheng-Jhih Lu, Yu-Shin Chen, Shih-Ying Chang, “A combinatorial approach towards the synthesis of non-hydrolysable triazole-iduronic acid-hybrid inhibitors of human α-L-iduronidase: Discovery of enzyme stabilizers for the potential treatment of MPSI”, Chem. Commun. 2018, accepted.
2. Kuo-Ting Chen, Cheng-Kun Lin, Chih-Wei Guo, Yi-Fan Chang, Chia-Ming Hu, Hsiao-Han Lin, Yuting Lai, Ting-Jen R. Cheng, Wei-Chieh Cheng, “Effect of the Lipid II Sugar Moiety on Bacterial Transglycosylase: the 4-Hydroxy Epimer of Lipid II is a TGase Inhibitor”, Chem. Commun. 2017, 53, 771−774..
3. Cheng-Kun Lin, Chung-Chien Hou, Yi-Yong Guo, Wei-Chieh Cheng, “Design and Synthesis of Orthogonally Protected D- and L-β-Hydroxyenduracididines from D-lyxono-1,4-Lactone”, Org. Lett. 2016, 18, 5216−5219.
4. Kuo-Ting Chen, Po-Ting Chen, Cheng-Kun Lin, Lin-Ya Huang, Chia-Ming Hu, Yi-Fan Chang, Hua-Ting Hsu, Ting-Jen R. Cheng, Ying-Ta Wu, Wei-Chieh Cheng, “Structural Investigation of Park’s Nucleotide on Bacterial Translocase MraY: Discovery of Unexpected MraY Inhibitors”, Sci. Rep. 2016, 6, 31579.
5. Cheng-Kun Lin, Wen-Yi Yun, Lin-Ting Lin, Wei-Chieh Cheng, “A concise approach to the synthesis of the unique N-mannosyl D-β-hydroxyenduracididine moiety in the mannopeptimycin series of natural products”, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2016, 14, 4054–4060.
6. Cheng-Kun Lin, Kuo-Ting Chen, Chia-Ming Hu, Wen-Yi Yun, Wei-Chieh Cheng, “Synthesis of 1-C-glycoside Linked Lipid II Analogues toward Bacterial Transglycosylase Inhibition Study”, Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 7511–7519.
7. Wei-Chieh Cheng, Chih-Wei Guo, Cheng-Kun Lin, Yu-Ruei Jiang, “Synthesis and Inhibition Study of Bicyclic Iminosugar-Based Alkaloids, Scaffolds, and Libraries towards Glucosidase”, Isr. J. Chem. 2015, 55, 403–411.
8. Po-Ting Chen, Cheng-Kun Lin, Chih-Ju Tsai, Duen-Yi Huang, Fu-Yao Nien, Wan-Wan Lin, Wei-Chieh Cheng, “Expeditious Synthesis of Enantiopure, Orthogonally Protected Bis α-Amino Acids (OPBAAs) and their Use in a Study of Nod1 Stimulation”, Chem. Asian J. 2015, 10, 474–482.
9. Cheng-Kun Lin, Li-Wei Cheng, Huang-Yi Li, Wen-Yi Yun, Wei-Chieh Cheng, “Synthesis of Novel Polyhydroxylated Pyrrolidine–triazole/-isoxazole Hybrid Molecules”, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2015, 13, 2100–2107.
10.Ta-Jung Lu, Cheng-Kun Lin, “Asymmetric Synthesis of α-Methyl-α-Amino Acids via Diastereoselective Alkylation of (1S)-(+)-3-Carene-derived Tricyclic Iminolactone”, J. Org. Chem. 2011, 76, 1621–1633.
11.Cheng-Kun Lin, Ta-Jung Lu, “A Simple Method for the Oxidation of Primary Alcohols with o-Iodoxybenzoic Acid (IBX) in the Presence of Acetic Acid”, Tetrahedron, 2010, 66, 9688–9693.
12.Ta-Jung Lu, Cheng-Kun Lin, “Asymmetric Synthesis of α-Amino Acids — Preparation and Alkylation of Monocyclic Iminolactones Derived From α-Methyl-trans-Cinnamaldehyde”, J. Org. Chem. 2008, 73, 9527–9534.